Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Suz Designs

Well it's my turn to inspire you today... I'm loving the new products in the ES store.  October Afternoon, Pink Paislee, Glimmer Mist, oh my goes thru my head like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz says as she is going down the yellow brick road lol.  If you are wanting any of the latest products you better hurry & start shopping because it is flying out of the store.

Here's a layout I made with Pink Paislee Starlight & a strip of my favorite October Afternoon paper

These are photos taken at Disney Animal Kingdom while on the safari.  It goes by so fast that I felt like I was just snapping away & many weren't in focus but these turned out really well.  It was such a hot day many of the animals were hiding from the bright sun but it was still a memorable day since it was the first time going to that park.




I love the Pink Paislee herringbone distressed letters but they were just too big for this layout so I tried to make my own with my Slice machine.



Supplies:  Cardstock (Bazzill); Paper (Pink Paislee - Starlight Glow, Pink Paislee - Starlight Shine,  Pink Paislee - Starlight Spark, Pink Paislee - Starlight Bright, Pink Paislee - Starlight Dazzle, October Afternoon - Thrift Shop One of a Kind); Sticker Letters (Cosmo Cricket - Tiny Type Cream); Diecut Letters (Making Memories Slice); Punch (EK Success); Journaling Spots (Little Yellow Bicycle Journaling Tablet & K and Company); Ticket (Pink Paislee - Starlight Diecut Sheet); Stamp (Unity Stamp Co); Markers (Copics); Rub Ons (Heidi Grace); Brads (Heidi Swapp)

I'm not going to spotlight the latest & greatest since I can't pick just one.  I have all the links in the supply list above.  I do want to share these great little journaling books by Little Yellow Bicycle since for $3.99 you get tons of journaling spots.  I buy them in all the different themes since they are so usable.



My 2nd project is a of course on my favorite topic... one of my pets

Echo Park is a fun new paper company.  I used some of the Sweet Summertime line on this page.  The little "flag" border was made by cutting out some of the argyle paper & topped it with a strip of embossed cardstock and one of their border stickers.



Supplies:  Cardstock (Core'dinations - Teals Blues & Bazzill); Paper (Echo Park - Sweet Summertime Argyle); Stickers (Echo Park - Sweet Summertime Alphabet & Sticker Elements); Letters (Making Memories Slice); Staples (Tim Holtz); Dry Embossing (Provo Craft - Cuttlebug); Pen (Ranger)

That's all I have for you today.  Hope you have a great one & do something creative.

2 comments:

everythingscrappn.com said...

I like that Disney page! That was our insane day. Wow I will never forget that day. Have you scrapped the owl yet?

2 Worlds said...

Suz you're doing fabulous layouts !

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com